Dental erosion is the most common lesion found on teeth edging as a consequence of dental wear.
Determining factors of dental erosion are:
- Acids found in food and beverage (eg. citrus);
- Acidic medicamentation (eg. Vitamin C).
- Certain professions (ex. Wine taster).
- Gastrointestinal reflux;
- Anorexia, bulimia;
- Peptic ulcer;
- Salivary hyposecretion;
- The composition and structure of the teeth;
- Anatomy and occluding teeth;
- Anatomy and soft tissue mobility.
Relieving pain, restoring the composite decking, occlusal tray in bruxism, occlusal and incision surfaces recovery through onlays, dental facets or other complex treatments.